Meatless Monday Presents… The Imposter.Posted: March 18, 2013
This couscous dish has a secret. Well, the couscous is cauliflower! Couscous is one of our favorites, but this recipe steps it up and makes it an even healthier dish! Check out this recipe for ‘Couscous’ with sundried tomatoes and leeks.
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
4 heaping cups of cauliflower “cous cous”
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
1 cup thinly sliced leeks
– sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
– soak sun-dried tomatoes in water to rehydrate
– pulse cauliflower in food processor until it takes on the consistency and texture of cous cous
– sauté garlic and leeks in grape seed oil in a cast iron skillet (or frying pan) over medium/low heat for a few minutes
– drain and chop sundried tomatoes into small pieces and add to skillet. continue to cook until the leeks are soft
– add cauliflower “cous cous” and cook until warmed through and softened (don’t overcook or it will get mushy)
– season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Recipe from A House in the Hills.