Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Chili with Smoked ChipotlePosted: October 11, 2012
Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Chili with Smoked Chipotle
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Healthy
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
A filling chili made with Black Beans, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa, topped with a cooling smoked chpotle yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced small
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 can (15.5 oz) low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 can black beans (15.5 oz), drained
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable stock, plus more to thin if desired
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- For Chipotle Creme:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce, plus more if desired
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and salt; saute for 5 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add the entire can of tomato sauce to the pot. Next add the black beans, vegetarian broth, all spices, and quinoa. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium, add diced sweet potatoes. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Make the smoked chipotle yogurt combine tabasco sauce, honey, and dijon mustard in a medium bowl.
- Spoon chili into bowls and add yogurt sauce on top. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Ambitious Kitchen.